Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Birthday Toby!

How I was blessed with such an amazing child is beyond me.  Toby, you were the hardest to get pregnant with, took me almost 3 years and 2 surgeries.  I had low progesterone and they told me you might not make it.  I took progesterone pills every 4 hours for three months- waking up in the middle of the night, just to make sure that you hung on, and you did.

You were three weeks late- and you had the biggest head- a big 8 pound 10 oz baby.  I was in love with my little boy.  Everyone kept talking about how beefy you were, but to me you were so tiny.  A few short hours later, I was on my way to Children's hospital with you on one of the snowiest nights of the year.  You had some heart problems and they told me not to get attached to you- but once again you showed them and you were a fighter and you came home with me.  The best feeling was walking out of Children's with my boy.

I carried you until you were three- I swear you were  never going to walk or talk- but the time I spent worrying about you and protecting you and making life altering decisions about you- only made our bond stronger.

Now you are 15- you amaze me.  You are the hardest worker I know.  You hate to lose.  You continue to struggle with your heart, but will not let it slow you down- you figure out a way to make it work.  Most folks would use that as a crutch- but not you.  You are in all honor classes, a Freshman on two Varsity sports- you have lettered three times already this year- the kids at school call you The Future- and you are just that.  I am so proud to be your Mom.  Your Coach's are so proud of you- they say you are amazing and so coachable- what a compliment.  You are funny and witty and just a great kid.  I love you- Happy 15th Birthday.








No comments:

Post a Comment